Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Band concert

Well, last night I had a band concert. It was very nice. We played Eagle's Triumph, Port O' Call, Phantom of the Opera Medly, and When Summer Takes Flight. All very easy selections, but it was fun all the same.
Since it was the last concert of the year, awards were given out. I got an award for Superior on Solo and Ensemble, for Youth Orchastra, for completing my scales before anyone else in my grade, and the pristegious, national Director's Award! My band teacher said it was no contest, though some years it is. He gave it to me hands down. I think some of my peers are jealous, though they'd never say, but there's not much I can do about that.

We move in three weeks and the school year ends in just a few days. I have mixed feelings. For one, this school year has been the hardest yet. However, on the other hand, I'll never see some of these people again. They're not so much my friends that I would make a trip out here to see them, so this will be my last encounter with many. You win some you lose some.

My story reached...what, 487 pages? Yeah, I realize, it's a lot. I think I may have to cut it in two if I ever want to publish it. No one would read it for how incredibly long it is.

Have a nice day!

No comments: